All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCD and DVD Forensics will take the reader through all facets of handling, examining, and processing CD and DVD evidence for computer forensics. At a time where data forensics is becoming a major part of law enforcement and prosecution in the public sector, and corporate and system security in the private sector, the interest in this subject has just begun to blossom. CD and DVD Forensics is a how to book that will give the reader tools to be able to open CDs and DVDs in an effort to identify evidence of a crime. These tools can be applied in both the public and private sectors. Armed with this information, law enforcement, corporate security, and private investigators will be able to be more effective in their evidence related tasks. To accomplish this the book is divided into four basic parts: CD and DVD physics dealing with the history, construction and techlogy of CD and DVD media; file systems present on CDs and DVDs and how these are different from that which is found on hard disks, floppy disks and other media; considerations for handling CD and DVD evidence to both recover the maximum amount of information present on a disc and to do so without destroying or altering the disc in any way; and, using the InfinaDyne product CD/DVD Inspector to examine discs in detail and collect evidence. This is the first book addressing using the CD/DVD Inspector product in a hands-on manner with a complete step-by-step guide for examining evidence discs. See how to open CD's and DVD'd and extract all the crucial evidence they may contain. Included free is a trial version of author's market leading software 'CD/DVD Inspector'.
- Author BiographyPaul Crowley is the founder and lead developer at InfinaDyne. InfinaDyne is one of a small number of companies publishing software specifically targetted at the forensic examiner. He has been working in the software development field since 1975. His career includes experience that spans computer hardware from the very smallest home video game console to the largest IBM mainframes. Paul began working with CD recording technology in 1994 and is one of a small number of respected authorities on this technology. The first CD data recovery software product was written by Paul and has led the market for such tools since 1997. InfinaDyne has been offering CD and DVD Forensics training classes since 2005 and has held classes in the US and Australia. Attendees at these classes have included members of the FBI, US Department of Defense, and the Australian Federal Police.
- Author(s)Paul G. Crowley
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/12/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.