Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.02+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Visual Basic programming environment is designed to hide as many low-level system details as possible. While this approach can speed development time by allowing the developer to focus on the task at hand, it actually hinders the process when it obscures details the developer needs to understand or control. Such is often the case for programmers who are developing components that take advantage of COM+ services. COM+ Programming with Visual Basic addresses the information needs of these developers. For instance, despite the marketing hype about COM+ as the new and improved version of COM, classic COM is very much the foundation on which COM+ is built: COM+ components are a particular kind of COM component. Visual Basic hides almost all COM implementation details; yet it is precisely in the area of COM+ programming that these hidden details are most important. Therefore, the text devotes significant content to exploring COM internals: interface-based programming; how COM interfaces work internally; how COM components are activated; and how versioning COM components works in Visual Basic. The second section focuses on incorporating individual COM+ services, like transaction support, security, and asynchrous operations, into applications. The author concludes by discussing what developers need to learn to transition to Microsoft's coming .NET framework. Regardless of what lies ahead for .NET, many distributed systems are being built today with COM+. COM+ Programming with Visual Basic focuses on topics relevant to distributed applications that are here to stay: how to use interfaces; passing objects by reference or by value; what it means to have multithreaded applications; how declarative programming works; how to program within a distributed transaction; and how to add role-based security to applications.
- Author BiographyJose Mojica is an instructor and researcher at DevelopMentor, a company that's gained an international reputation for its experience with COM and COM+. He teaches various courses that focus on enterprise development in COM+, IIS, and Visual Basic. Before joining DevelopMentor, Jose was a consultant at IBM, writing DCOM servers that performed speech recognition and creating ActiveX controls in ATL for the ViaVoice SDK. He has worked with Visual Basic since Version 1.0. Jose is the author of Building ActiveX Controls with Visual Basic 5.0 and coauthor of Programming Internet Controls and the Microsoft MCSD Training Kit, Distributed Applications for Visual C++ 6.0.
- Author(s)Jose Mojica
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication22/06/2001
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteindex
- Weight570 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.