Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together leading academic researchers and industry professionals to discuss the underlying factors that determine where cable TV advertising is today and what can and should be done in the future. The authors are united in their belief that cable TV advertising has t lived up to its original promise because key players--system operators, programmers, and advertisers--still act as if cable TV is an alternative to traditional mass audience broadcast rather than a fundamentally new and unique medium. If the industry is to realize its promise, the contributors argue, it will happen only in light of a fundamental reassessment of its strategic position within the overall communications and information-techlogy environment. Taken together, the chapters presented here offer both new insights to industry professionals and new research ideas to students of cable communications. The chapters are organized into three sections around the themes of industry analysis, implications for advertisers, and new developments. In the first section, the editors present a strategic overview of cable TV advertising followed by an assessment of its current status and an examination of programming opportunities for cable network. The second group examines such issues as the television viewing environment, collecting ratings data for cable channels, and the relationship between program impact and advertising impact. Concluding chapters offer a look at new horizons in cable TV advertising, including in-home shopping programs and pay-per-view programming.
- Author BiographyRAJEEV BATRA is Associate Professor in the School of Business Administration at the University of Michigan. His research interests cover the consumer processing of advertising, emotional advertising, and repetition and budgeting issues. RASHI GLAZER is Associate Professor in the Graduate School of Business at Columbia University. He founded a communications company specializing in innovative educational and commercial applications of video-based technology. His articles have appeared in publications such as Marketing Science, Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing and Journal of Business Research.
- Author(s)Rajeev Batra,Rashi Glazer
- Date of Publication19/05/1989
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight383 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.