Caffeinated: How Our Daily Habit Hooks, Helps and Hurts Us by Murray Carpenter (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost people can't get through the day without a hit of caffeine. Chances are you're one of them. But do you really kw what that daily coffee or coke is doing to you? Caffeine is a powerful stimulant. It wakes us up, boosts our mood, and offers the potential to improve both our athletic performance and our intellectual prowess. But did you kw that caffeine can play a role in health problems such as obesity and anxiety, depending on how it is delivered to the body? Many purveyors of caffeine-based products have ducked regulation for decades - how have they been allowed to get away with this? And are you aware of how caffeine is used to reinforce buying patterns, sharpening our craving for it? From the coffee farms of Guatemala to the world's largest synthetic caffeine factory in China, Murray Carpenter draws on the latest research to reveal the little-kwn truths about this addictive, largely unregulated drug that we consume every day in coffee, energy drinks, teas, colas, chocolate, and even painkillers.
- Author BiographyMurray Carpenter has reported caffeine-related stories for the New York Times, NPR, and Wired Magazine. His work has been featured in the Boston Globe, the Christian Science Monitor, and other media outlets. He holds a degree in psychology from the University of Colorado and an MS in Environmental Studies from the University of Montana. He lives in Belfast, Maine, USA.
- Author(s)Murray Carpenter
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight380 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.