All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the greatest challenges facing Western society today is that of coming to terms with societies other than our own. Caging the Lion summarizes the current contradictions surrounding this challenge, considers the ways in which the West expresses its uneasy relationship with the world outside, and offers some clarity regarding a troubling topic. Fleming suggests that neither the right r the left is able to solve this problem alone. He proposes that the time has come to put polemics aside in favor of a common-sense approach.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Bruce Fleming is an associate professor of English at the U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis. He received his M.A. from the University of Chicago and his Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University. Dr. Fleming previously taught at the University of Freiburg in Breisgau and was a Fulbright Professor at the National University of Rwanda, Africa. He received an O. Henry short story award in 1990 and his treatise in aesthetics, An Essay in Post-Romantic Literary Theory, won the 1991 Book Award in Comparative Studies of the Norheast Modern Language Association.
- Author(s)Bruce E Fleming
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1993
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Studies in Aesthetics
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1993
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.16Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.