All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe perspective of one of the most influential contemporary artists on the complex web of conceptual and material connections between China and the Arab world. Saraab (mirage in Arabic) is the catalog of Cai Guo-Qiang's first solo exhibition in the Middle East. It is a journey of personal and artistic discovery that demonstrates the emotional breadth of Cai's work, from the intimate to the spectacular. Featuring the artist's characteristic use of symbols and stories about local history and transnational movements, the book is inspired by the multilayered history of the artist's hometown of Guangzhou, China, and it illuminates the long-standing but little-known relationship between China and the Arab world dating back to the ancient maritime Silk Road. It features conversations between Cai Guo-Qiang and scholars on Sino-Arab history and a monographic essay on the artist by Yuko Hasegawa, as well as images of never-before-published early works.
- Author(s)Cai Guo-Qiang,Wassan Al-Khudairi
- Date of Publication07/05/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note280 colour illustrations
- Weight1980 g
- Width220 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.