All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is the complete guide to decorating, icing and frosting, with over 170 beautiful cakes, shown in 1150 photographs. It is a fabulous collection of classic cake recipes and a comprehensive instruction course in cake making and decorating skills, in one easy-to-follow volume. 170 wonderful cake decorating recipes, from traditional to special occasion cakes, including wedding, christening, birthday, Christmas cakes and more. How to master over 50 cake-making techniques including working with royal icing, sugarpaste and fondant, marzipan, icings, frostings and chocolate. It includes a chapter on velty and party cakes for all ages, showing how to create a rainbow snake, a clown, a festive elephant, a birthday present and a box of chocolates. This clear and comprehensive book takes you through all cake making and decorating skills. Readers will find it easy to follow the illustrated instructions to create various finishes, both simple and lavish. The first part of the book covers all the basics, with tried-and-tested recipes for a wide variety of classic sponge and fruit cakes, and icings and frostings for quick and easy finishing. There are baking charts for different sizes and shapes of cake, guidance on lining tins, and step-by-step techniques for covering, piping and decorating. The second half of the book consists of more than 170 clearly explained recipes, using the techniques and skills acquired to make beautiful cakes for every occasion.
- Author BiographyAngela Nilsen has contributed her cake decorating skills to a number of books. She was Food Editor of BBC Good Food magazine and is now a successful freelance writer. Sarah Maxwell is an author, home economist and stylist who contributes regularly to cookbooks, magazines and TV shows. She particularly enjoys creating novelty cakes. Janice Murfitt is a very experienced food writer and stylist who has written and devised many recipe books.
- Author(s)Angela Nilsen,Janice Murfitt,Sarah Maxwell
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteover 1150 photographs
- Weight1134 g
- Width168 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.33Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $43.75Trending at AU $48.52
- AU $38.00Trending at AU $60.57
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $24.96
- AU $16.58Trending at AU $18.64
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $37.24Trending at AU $37.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.