All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first edition of Calcium Signaling Protocols I began by writing The regula- 2+ tion of intracellular Ca is a common theme presented in many papers over the last 20 2+ or so years and the description of the Ca -sensitive indicator dye fura-2 in 1985 resulted in a massive increase in these types of studies. This statement is as true in 2005 as it was in 1999, but 20 or so years is w 30 years! There has been some reorganization of the volume such that there are w 22 ch- ters including five new ones, all written by experts in their field. These new chapters 2+ include use of the FlexStation and electrophysiological measurement of Ca channel activity. The book is broken into six parts. Part I is a general coverage of basic theory and the simplest use of fluorescent indicators. Part II covers specialist measurement 2+ systems and Part III covers measurement of Ca channel activity. Assessment of 2+ release of stored Ca is covered in some detail in Part IV, with Parts V and VI cover- 2+ ing specialist measurement techniques and Ca -sensitive targets. Putting a book like this together, even as a second edition, takes time and I am, again, indebted to the individual authors for their help and patience. I am also very grateful to Professor John M. Walker, the series editor, for his continued help and advice over the course of this project.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number312
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note61 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight546 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDavid G. Lambert
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.