All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
About this product
- DescriptionIn organizing the present volume, we had two intentions. The first was to present the best current understanding of the mechanisms of calcium mobilization during excitation- contraction coupling of smooth muscle at a level suited to the needs of professionals interested in smooth muscle pharmacology and pathophysiology, while remaining appreciable by graduate and medical students. The second intention was to provide in- sight into present-day controversies, as well as the latest ad- vances achieved by researchers in this field. Thus, we have thor- oughly discussed both the techniques and the concepts derived from their application. An attempt has also been made here to answer a number of profoundly important questions: What are the mechanisms and agents responsible for the control of contractility? What are the accompanying changes in the state of intracellular calcium ions and the mechanisms responsible for them? How does the regula- tion of contractility occur directly at the level of the actomyosin activity? What role do gap junctions play in cell-to-cell coupling? What are the roles of cholinergic, adrenergic, peptidergic, and nadrenergic ncholinergic interactions in calcium mobiliza- tion in smooth muscle? What changes occur in hypertension? The impact of these recent techniques on future research is also reflected upon.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication07/10/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleContemporary Biomedicine
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight743 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byA. K. Grover,E. E. Daniels
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.