All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Calcium in Cell Cycles and Cancer presents a unique overview of calcium's roles in the several stages of cell cycles initiated by signals from velcroceptors and other kinds of growth-factor receptors. This book integrates the actions of calcium and its partner, cyclic AMP, with those of the growing family of newly discovered, stage-specific, cyclin-dependent protein kinases of the cell cycle engine. The book also shows calcium to be a terminal, ultimately apoptogenic differentiator of colon and skin cells, as well as a major player in lymphocyte selection, activation, and proliferation. This edition relates and explains the dramatic changes in calcium's involvement in the cell cycle and the triggering of terminal differentiation programs that happen during carcigenesis and are important keys to understanding cancer.
- Author(s)James F. Whitfield
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication24/04/1995
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note40ill.
- Weight512 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.