All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for the three-semester engineering calculus course, CALCULUS: EARLY TRANSCENDENTAL FUNCTIONS, Sixth Edition, continues to offer instructors and students invative teaching and learning resources. The Larson team always has two main objectives for text revisions: to develop precise, readable materials for students that clearly define and demonstrate concepts and rules of calculus; and to design comprehensive teaching resources for instructors that employ proven pedagogical techniques and save time. The Larson/Edwards Calculus program offers a solution to address the needs of any calculus course and any level of calculus student. Every edition from the first to the sixth of CALCULUS: EARLY TRANSCENDENTAL FUNCTIONS has made the mastery of traditional calculus skills a priority, while embracing the best features of new techlogy and, when appropriate, calculus reform ideas.
- Author BiographyDr. Ron Larson is a professor of mathematics at The Pennsylvania State University, where he has taught since 1970. He received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Colorado and is considered the pioneer of using multimedia to enhance the learning of mathematics, having authored over 30 software titles since 1990. Dr. Larson conducts numerous seminars and in-service workshops for math educators around the country about using computer technology as an instructional tool and motivational aid. He is the recipient of the 2014 William Holmes McGuffey Longevity Award for CALCULUS: EARLY TRANSCENDENTAL FUNCTIONS, the 2014 Text and Academic Authors Association TEXTY Award for PRECALCULUS, the 2012 William Holmes McGuffey Longevity Award for CALCULUS: AN APPLIED APPROACH, and the 1996 Text and Academic Authors Association TEXTY Award for INTERACTIVE CALCULUS (a complete text on CD-ROM that was the first mainstream college textbook to be offered on the Internet). Dr. Larson authors numerous textbooks including the best-selling Calculus series published by Cengage Learning. Dr. Bruce H. Edwards is Professor of Mathematics at the University of Florida. Professor Edwards received his B.S. in Mathematics from Stanford University and his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Dartmouth College. He taught mathematics at a university near Bogota, Colombia, as a Peace Corps volunteer. While teaching at the University of Florida, Professor Edwards has won many teaching awards, including Teacher of the Year in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Liberal Arts and Sciences Student Council Teacher of the Year, and the University of Florida Honors Program Teacher of the Year. He was selected by the Office of Alumni Affairs to be the Distinguished Alumni Professor for 1991-1993. Professor Edwards has taught a variety of mathematics courses at the University of Florida, from first-year calculus to graduate-level classes in algebra and numerical analysis. He has been a frequent speaker at research conferences and meetings of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. He has also coauthored a wide range of award winning mathematics textbooks with Professor Ron Larson.
- Author(s)Bruce Edwards,Ron Larson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight2875 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.