All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a fresh approach while retaining classic presentation, the Tan Calculus, International Edition series utilizes a clear, concise writing style, and uses relevant, real world examples to introduce abstract mathematical concepts with an intuitive approach. In keeping with this emphasis on conceptual understanding, each exercise set in the three semester Calculus text begins with concept questions and each end-of-chapter review section includes fill-in-the-blank questions which are useful for mastering the definitions and theorems in each chapter. Additionally, many questions asking for the interpretation of graphical, numerical, and algebraic results are included among both the examples and the exercise sets. The Tan Calculus, International Edition, three semester text encourages a real world, application based, intuitive understanding of Calculus without comprising the mathematical rigor that is necessary in a Calculus text.
- Author BiographySoo T. Tan has published numerous papers in Optimal Control Theory and Numerical Analysis. He received his S.B. degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, his M.S. degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and his Ph.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles. One of the most important lessons I learned from my early experience teaching these courses is that many of the students come into these courses with some degree of apprehension. This awareness led to the intuitive approach I have adopted in all of my texts.
- Author(s)Soo Tan
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication06/01/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight2700 g
- Width214 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.