All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a crumbling Calcutta home, two sisters are forced to come to terms with their mother's secret history. In this funny and moving play, award-winning writer Shelley Silas examines how family and culture, time and distance, influence our sense of who we are. Set in the Indian Jewish community, it explores conflicts between old and new, east and west, tradition and truth. If the past is ather country, where is home? Calcutta Kosher was produced by the Kali Theatre Company and toured the UK in February and March 2004.
- Author BiographyShelley was born in Calcutta and moved to London with her family when she was a child. She was a winner in the ICA's New Blood fiction competition (1996) with her short story Via Calcutta, published in the on-line anthology Endangered Species. Shrapnel was produced by The Steam Industry at BAC (1999). Falling was at the Bush Theatre (2002) where Shelley was the Pearson writer-in-residence. Radio work includes devising and co-writing The Magpie Stories, Calcutta Kosher, and The Sound Of Silence, all for Radio Four. She adapted (with John Harvey) Paul Scott's The Raj Quartet, which was broadcast on Radio Four in 2005. She is under commission to the Bush Theatre for Moses Mohammed, and Tamasha Theatre for Partitions. She has written a 90' film, The Wedding Dress, for Touchpaper TV. Shelley has compiled and edited Twelve Days, an anthology published in November 2004.
- Author(s)Shelley Silas
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Width210 mm
- Height130 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.