All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCaldron of Conflict tells the story of Eastern Europe in the tumultuous, often violent years 1918-1945. After introducing the region, Wyt traces the differing paths each nation took from imperial rule to independence following World War I. The author next explores how each fared in the two decades of peace, when so many high political and ecomic hopes were dashed on the rocks of antidemocratic movements and the financial reefs of the Great Depression. It concludes with a survey of World War II and its aftermath. Caldron of Conflict is essential reading for anyone trying to comprehend the recent and ongoing destruction in this explosive and pivotal region ofthe world.
- Author BiographyAfter completing his graduate degrees at Indiana University, Edward D. Wynot, Jr., joined the faculty at Florida State University, where he is professor of East European history. Among his publications are books on Polish Politics in Transition: The Camp of National Unity, 1935-1939; Warsaw Between the Wars, 1919-1939; and the Coming of the Second World War, along with numerous scholarly articles. He has served on the editorial boards of professional journals and won several teaching awards at Florida State.
- Author(s)Edward D. Wynot
- PublisherHarlan Davidson Inc
- Date of Publication18/12/1998
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationWheeling IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarlan Davidson Inc
- Content Notemaps
- Weight184 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.