All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first volume in a seven-volume collection - published in nine parts between 1864 and 1890 - comprising Venetian and other rthern Italian state papers relating to England. Translator and editor Rawdon Lubbock Brown (1806-83) lived for many years in Venice, had unrivalled access to the Venetian archives and travelled widely to find documents in other Italian libraries and archives. He had previously published two volumes of Sebastian Giustinian's dispatches to Venice from Henry VIII's court (also reissued in this series). This first volume contains documents from the years 1202-1509, a large proportion being decrees of the Venetian Senate. Also included is correspondence of the English crown, such as Henry VI's and Edward IV's letters to the Pope. The editor's extensive preface puts the documents into historical context, and the volume also includes chrological tables of documents, ambassadors, consuls and other diplomats featured in the records.
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication31/03/2013
- LanguageEnglish & Italian
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - European History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus.
- Weight1350 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.