All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMoving from the peasant revolts of the late Middle Ages to the witch hunts and the rise of mechanical philosophy, Federici investigates the capitalist rationalization of social reproduction. She shows how the struggle against the rebel body and the conflict between body and mind are essential conditions for the development of labour power and owership, two central principles of modern social organization.
- Author BiographySilvia Federici is Associate Professor of Philosophy and International Studies at Hofstra University. She is the author of Enduring Western Civilization: The Construction of the Concept of Western Civilization and Its Others and African Visions: Literary Images, Political Change, and Social Struggle in Contemporary Africa (with Cheryl B. Mwaria and Joseph McLaren).
- Author(s)Silvia Federici
- Date of Publication15/06/2004
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.