California Amphibian and Reptile Species of Special Concern by H. Bradley Shaffer, Amber N. Wright, Robert C. Thomson (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most important hotspots of herpetological biodiversity in the United States, California is home to many endemic amphibians and reptiles found where else on earth. Many of these taxa have unique ecological and morphological specializations, and their management is an important conservation challenge. Increasing climate change impacts, human development, and extreme drought mean many of these species face an ever-greater risk of extinction. California Amphibian and Reptile Species of Special Concern provides an up-to-date synthesis of the current state of kwledge regarding the biology and conservation risks faced by 45 of California's most sensitive amphibian and reptile species. With the goal of enhancing management based on the best available science, the authors developed a vel set of risk metrics to identify special concern species and the threats they face, including population declines, range size and restrictions, and ecological specializations and niche restrictions. In addition to detailed species accounts, this book provides a quantitative analysis of the conservation status and pressing management issues facing individual species and the state's amphibian and reptile fauna as a whole. The volume focuses on identifying threats, concrete recommendations for management and recovery, and future research needs. The text is complemented by detailed distribution maps, color photos, and graphs. Written in ntechnical language, California Amphibian and Reptile Species of Special Concern will be a valuable resource to a broad range of users from resource managers, field biologists, and academic herpetologists to students and recreational naturalists. Published in association with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Thomson is Assistant Professor of Biology in the Department of Biology at the University of Hawai'i. Amber N. Wright is Assistant Professor of Biology in the Department of Biology at the University of Hawai'i. H. Bradley Shaffer is the Director of the La Kretz Center for California Conservation Science and Distinguished Professor in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Amber N. Wright,H. Bradley Shaffer,Robert C. Thomson
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note100 color photos and illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.