All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is often said that it is impossible for an employer to fully comply with all of California's employment laws. They are just too numerous and too complicated. They are frequently changing, and rarely for the better. There are so many traps for the unwary. Unfortunately, this perspective is mostly true. Part of the problem is that California deems itself to be special. All the employment laws that serve the rest of the country just fine are t considered adequate for California. Instead, the state has its own versions of these laws and its own bureaucracies to enforce these laws. Sometimes these agencies interpret California law consistently with similar federal laws, sometimes t, and sometimes it is t really clear. But the stakes of getting it wrong are quite high for California employers. A simple mistake can lead to a seven-figure jury verdict or a class action lawsuit. California Employment Law: An Employer's Guide is written for those who must contend with employment law in California as part of their work. This includes employers based outside of California but with employees working inside the state. It is written primarily for business people and HR professionals, t lawyers, although in-house counsel and lawyers who practice outside of employment law will find it useful. The book's approach is practical. There is lengthy analysis of court decisions, and there are foottes. This book is grounded in the law as it is found in statutes, regulations, and case law, but its focus is on how the law works in the real world.
- Author BiographyJames J. McDonald, Jr., J.D., SHRM-SCP, SPHR, is managing partner of the Irvine, California, office of the labor and employment law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP. He also teaches labor and employment law in the Human Resources Management Program at the University of California, Irvine.
- Author(s)James J. McDonald
- PublisherSociety for Human Resource Management
- Date of Publication30/07/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationAlexadria, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Human Resource Management
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.