California Gardener's Handbook: Your Complete Guide: Select * Plan * Plant * Maintain * Problem-solve by Sharon Asakawa, Bruce Asakawa (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.40+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn California Gardener's Handbook, beloved California gardening duo Bruce and Sharon Asakawa teach you how to plant, prune, water, and care for 350 plant species in the California climate. With over 100 years of combined gardening experience, rewned California horticulturalists Bruce and Sharon Asakawa bring you the perfect when-to, how-to, and what-to plant guide for gardening in the Golden State. Perhaps you've always entertained the idea of cultivating a garden in your California landscape, but have never quite kwn where to begin. Perhaps you've stood helplessly by as your once-beautiful calico flowers withered beneath the persistent western sun. Don't despair! Fortunately, there's a specialized gardening guide to the rescue, tailored exclusively to the needs of California residents. In California Gardener's Handbook, beloved California gardening duo Bruce and Sharon Asakawa walk you through 350 plant species destined to flourish amid the varied climates and environmental challenges of California. With the help of gorgeous photography and foolproof instructions, they'll teach you how to plant, prune, water, control pests, and care for your personal outdoor oasis. Fifteen plant categories give you hundreds of choices, letting you find the flora that best fit your microclimate. Even better, the Asakawas provide twelve full months of when-to advice for each plant category, allowing you to successfully enjoy this peaceful pastime all year round. Whether you're craving the sweetness of the dragon fruit or longing for the cheery visual splendor of the blue marguerite daisy, California Gardener's Handbook will equip you to confidently awaken your inner gardening enthusiast.
- Author BiographyBruce Asakawa has been active in the green industry, landscape design, and gardening communication for most of his life. He graduated from Cal Poly, Pomona, with a major in landscape architecture, then went on to develop and teach horticulture classes with the University of California Extension Program. During the early nineties, Bruce was asked to host the West Coast Garden Line, the popular live call-in garden radio show that aired throughout California. Several years ago, the program became Garden Compass with co-hosts Sharon Asakawa and John Bagnasco. Sharon Asakawa began working in the family garden center business after marrying Bruce; together, they co-wrote California Gardener's Guide and California Gardening Rhythms. She has organized and led international and national garden tours, becoming a garden editor in 2006. Sharon also joined John Bagnasco and Bryan Main to co-host GardenLife, a national gardening and lifestyle radio talk show airing on Sundays. She doubles as the content producer for the GardenLife website at www.gardenlife.com. Call in with your gardening questions at 1-866-606-TALK every Sunday from 8 to 10 a.m. PST.
- Author(s)Bruce Asakawa,Sharon Asakawa
- PublisherCool Springs Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCool Springs Press
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight916 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.