All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe world of the international rugby referee has always been a closely guarded secret ...until w. As a Durban schoolboy, Jonathan watched rugby at Kings Park every Saturday, dreaming of the day he would represent his country. Now, three decades later and at the age of 47, he reflects on the career highs and lows that saw him retire as the most capped international and Super Rugby referee of all time. But records and milestones are just a part of an intriguing - and often controversial - memoir that lifts the lid on what really goes on in the world of international refereeing ...and behind that enigmatic, penetrating glare that is as typical of Jonathan Kaplan as his silver-grey patch of hair. Containing all the guts and glory you'd expect from an epic rugby tale, this is also the frank and forthright account of a man who, both in life and on the pitch, would only ever call it like it is. A must-read for rugby fans all over the world.
- Author BiographyJonathan Kaplan is the world's most capped Test referee. He's also the only ref in the world to have blown over 100 Super Rugby matches. Add more than 150 Currie Cup matches, including six finals, three Super Rugby finals and four Rugby World Cup tournaments, and you have one serious CV. He lives in Cape Town with his bulldogs Lola and Dexter. Mike Behr has been a newspaper journalist and magazine features writer for local and international titles for just over three decades. He won the Mondi Award in 2004 for his exclusive and revealing profile of former Bok wing Ashwin Willemse, published in Sports Illustrated magazine. This is the Capetonian's first book.
- Author(s)Jonathan Kaplan,Mike Behr
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintZebra Press
- Content Note24 pages of photos
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.