All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe early twentieth century brought renewed focus upon the image of the coast and witnessed the formation of art colonies in Old Lyme, Connecticut, and Ogunquit and Monhegan, Maine. These creative communities became an inspiration for artists and art students, among them Edward Hopper, Childe Hassam, Robert Henri, Rockwell Kent, and George Bellows. Visually stunning, Call of the Coast: Art Colonies of New England explores the importance of place for artists in these colonies, and the development of impressionist Connecticut and modernist Maine within the visual traditions of the coast of New England. Featuring approximately 80 works, Call of the Coast illustrates each major painting with extensive interpretative text and includes documentary photography to provide historical context for the artworks.
- Author BiographyThomas Andrew Denenberg is the acting director and William E. and Helen E. Thon Curator of American Art at the Portland Museum of Art. Amy Kurtz Lansing is the curator at the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Amy Kurtz Lansing,Jamie Wyeth,Susan Danly,Thomas A. Denenberg
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitlePortland Museum of Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width226 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.