All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $20.62Free postage
- AU $21.33Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionGuy Grieve's life was going where - trapped in a job he hated, commuting 2,000 miles a month and up to his neck in debt. But he dreamed of escaping it all to live alone in one of the wildest, most remote places on earth - Alaska. And just when he'd given up hope, the dream came true. Suddenly Guy was thrown into one of the harshest environments in the world, miles from the nearest human being and armed with only the most basic equipment. And he soon found - whether building a log cabin from scratch, hunting, ice fishing or of course dodging bears in the buff - that life in the wilderness was anything but easy...Part Ray Mears, part Bill Bryson, CALL OF THE WILD is the gripping story of how a mild-mannered commuter struggled with the elements - and himself - and eventually learned the ways of the wild.
- Author BiographyGuy Grieve gave up his job in sales and marketing to spend a year alone in the Alaskan wilderness. He has written for the Scotsman and he currently lives on the Isle of Mull with his wife and two sons.
- Author(s)Guy Grieve
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication08/03/2007
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Content Note2 x 8pp colour photos, b/w line drawings
- Weight330 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.