All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a large beautifully illustrated edition of CALL THE MIDWIFE with never-before-seen photographs which bring the real London and real lives to life. Pictures of the docklands, photos of how life was lived at the time, the families, housing, health service, food and of course the nuns and the midwives who brought so many babies into the world will be a beautiful addition to Jennifer Worth's bestselling memoir.
- Author BiographyJennifer Worth trained as a nurse at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, and was later ward sister at the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital in London, then the Marie Curie Hospital, also in London. Music had always been her passion, and in 1973 she left nursing in order to study music intensively, teaching piano and singing for about twenty-five years. Jennifer died in May 2011 after a short illness, leaving her husband Philip, two daughters and three grandchildren. Her books have all been bestsellers.
- Author(s)Jennifer Worth
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Content Noteill
- Weight1058 g
- Width174 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.