All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fully antated, bilingual edition, Calligrammes is a key work t only in Apollinaire's own development but in the evolution of modern French poetry. Apollinaire - Roman by birth, Polish by name (Wilhelm-Apollinaris de Kostrowitski), Parisian by choice - died at thirty-eight in 1918. Nevertheless, he became one of the leading figures in twentieth-century poetry, a transitional figure whose work at once echoes the Symbolists and anticipates the work of the Surrealists.
- Author BiographyAnne Hyde Greet is Professor of French, University of California, Santa Barbara, and translator of Apollinaire's Alcools (California, 1966). S. I. Lockerbie is Emeritus Professor of French, University of Stirling, Scotland.
- Author(s)Guillaume Apollinaire
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2004
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Translated byAnne Hyde Greet
- Introduction byS. I. Lockerbie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.