CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis complete kit makes it easy to start exploring the exciting art form of calligraphy because it comes with everything a beginning artist needs - from a set of high-quality materials to comprehensive instructions. The lettering book covers the basics - such as pen styles, angles, and hand positions; letter heights and spacing; and practice strokes - before offering advanced techniques for rendering several calligraphic alphabets. And every lesson can be accomplished with the array of writing materials provided. The hardcover case includes a 32-page paperback book with corresponding Spanish instruction, a cartridge calligraphy pen, 3 pen nibs, 12 ink cartridges, 1 felt-tip calligraphy pen, calligraphy paper, and a guideline sheet. Warning! This product is intended for use by ages 14 and older and is t intended for use by children.
- Author BiographyArthur Newhall had a unique and varied background in the lettering and graphic design fields. His work included type designing, theater lobby displays, movie titles, sign painting, advertising art, lettering for reproduction, and art for screen printing. He also worked as art director for an advertising agency. All of these disciplines added to the refinement of his calligraphy skills. A stickler for precision and style, Newhall was always ready to help and guide the novice as well as the professional. He was one of the innovators of one of the most spectacular letter styles ever created--the Cartoon Casual--as well as a Modern Script of the 40s and 50s.Eugene Metcalf's career as an artist-designer has been punctuated by national and international awards. Metcalf's natural talent in the various art fields has established him as a top calligrapher and designer. Lettering design became a specialty leading him to the creation of logos with a variety of commercial applications. Of his more than 30 years in the commercial art industry, almost half of them were spent as art director and top designer for major outdoor advertising companies in the Los Angeles area. In the past several years, Metcalf has been a freelance artist in the full spectrum of commercial art, including national magazine covers.
- Author(s)Arthur Newhall,Eugene Metcalf
- PublisherWalter Foster Publishing
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLaguna Hills, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Publishing
- Weight522 g
- Width208 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.