All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCalling the Shots is a fast-paced account based on real events which took place in the months leading up to the ending of the so-called 'armed struggle' in Ulster's Troubles. Jeremy Granville, Security Services Director and Co-ordinator of Intelligence is involved in secret negotiations with leading paramilitaries in an effort to end the conflict. As the talks continue, in an intense poker game for real, all sides find themselves faced with difficult and often unpalatable decisions; choices that will change the lives of all of those involved and lead to some paying the ultimate price. The ambitious Granville finds both his professional and personal aspirations depend on a successful outcome - which frequently proves elusive, t least because of tensions within the security forces. He must daily manage a whole series of contradictions, but is his judgment clouded by his feelings for a beautiful woman in the enemy camp? Robert Ramsay has woven an intriguing and thought provoking story around the people, places and events which helped to shape the peace process. It lifts the lid on the often murky actions of all the participants, including the British Government.
- Author BiographyA linguist and political scientist by academic background, Robert Ramsay was for many years a senior official at the heart of government in Belfast, London and Brussels. He witnessed at close quarters many of the situations and personalities described in this book and he has maintained contacts right across the political and security spectrum His interest in the theme of terrorism and governance inspired his first book, 'The Corsican Time Bomb' (ISBN -10-071900893X) and he has also written a memoir of his own career in the UK and EU, entitled 'Ringside Seats' (ISBN 9780 7165 3020 6). He is now an international consultant on administrative affairs, dividing his time, when not on foreign assignment, between the coast of County Down and the south of Spain.
- Author(s)Robert Ramsay
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.32Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.