All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn this hectic world, everyone needs a strategy to relax, in order to combat stress, feel calm, and do his or her best. Calm Your Mind contains 11 stress-reduction exercises to help you relax your mind and body; regain your focus; stop anxious, worried thoughts; control anger; reduce negative, depressive thoughts; extinguish obsessions; and reduce self-criticism. Just a few minutes with Calm Your Mind is like a mini-vacation that leaves you relaxed and rejuvenated. Calm Your Mind teaches you deep breathing, muscle relaxation, concentration on 20 digital paintings, analysis of 20 brief commentaries, thought-stopping, automic nervous system control, and behavioral relaxation techniques. Full instructions accompany each exercise as well as explanations of their psychological and medical mechanisms. Use these exercises to relax your mind before starting your day and before bedtime to help you relax and fall asleep. Employ them before stressful meetings to regain your calm, between clients and patients to regain your focus, and to teach family members and friends to relax. These relaxation exercises have been proven on a daily basis in my medical practice. I recommend them to my patients and to my professional colleagues and I use them myself. You will be a better person when you are calm, relaxed, and satisfied with yourself. Let's get started w!
- Author BiographyWes Burgess, M.D., Ph.D. lectures throughout the world on health, science, psychology, and meditation. He has taught in the Stanford University Departments of Psychiatry and Biology, the UCLA School of Medicine and the University of California, Davis, Department of Psychology, and he has made numerous appearances on National Public Radio's Morning Addition and All Things Considered, Fox Television Network, and other media venues. He is the author of Mental Status Examination, Mental Status Examination for Personality Disorders, The Bipolar Handbook, The Bipolar Handbook for Children, Teens and Families, The Depression Answer Book, The Tao Te Ching by Lao Tse, and The Gateless Gate of Zen.
- Author(s)Ph Wes Burgess MD
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.