All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionDialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a therapeutic modality that was originally developed for the treatment of borderline personality disorder (BPD). Since the advent of this therapy, millions of people without the disorder have found DBT skills endlessly useful for helping manage out-of-control emotions and curbing impulsive behaviors that they just can't stop. Calming the Emotional Storm is the first book to offer an accessible, general introduction to these DBT skills for anyone who feels overwhelmed by their emotions or feels that their emotions have led them to experience out-of-control behaviors and personal crises. Readers learn to understand and manage their emotions and begin to choose their actions rather than acting on impulses. They also practice calming their emotions in times of stress by embracing acceptance and fostering positive emotions about themselves. These life-changing skills can save many readers from unnecessary suffering due to the emotional storm inside.
- Author BiographySheri Van Dijk, MSW, is a mental health therapist in private practice and at Southlake Regional Health Centre in Newmarket, ON, Canada. She specializes in the treatment of bipolar disorder and other psychiatric disorders using dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and mindfulness practice. She is author of The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook for Bipolar Disorder. Visit her online at www.sherivandijk.com.
- Author(s)Sheri Van Dijk
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight228 g
- Width157 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.