All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.36
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.56
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $18.98
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $15.76
- AU $7.34Trending at AU $12.08
- AU $10.52Trending at AU $16.70
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $24.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is suitable for children aged 4 to 8 years old. Calvin is one unusual starling! While his siblings and cousins learn to fly, this rare bird lets his imagination soar while reading about pirates, disaurs and other fascinating things. The other birds call him 'geeky beaky', but Calvin just ruffles his feathers and buries his beak in a book. Yet, when it comes time to migrate, poor Calvin suddenly realises he can't fly! His sisters, brothers and cousins carry him into the air. On their way south, the winds blow hard, the trees bend and the air starts to smell strange. It's a hurricane and only Calvin can save the day, because he has read about it! Witty illustrations, an endearing hero and a delightful story make this a true celebration of the pleasures of reading.
- Author BiographyJennifer Berne has been a long-time contributor to Nick Jr. Magazine and a writer for both print and TV. Keith Bendis's work has appeared in The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Fortune and Time. Keith was the illustrator for William Safire's On Language column in The New York Times Magazine and has also illustrated nine books.
- Author(s)Jennifer Berne
- PublisherSterling Juvenile
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSterling Juvenile
- Out-of-print date03/05/2013
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Keith Bendis
- Interest Age4-8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.