All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title comes from Calvin Can't Fly, everybody's favourite bookworm birdie is back. It is beautifully illustrated by Keith Bendis. It is suitable for children aged 4 to 8. Everybody's favourite bookworm birdie is back - and something's wrong! When Calvin reads the word 'wagons', he sees 'dragons' instead, and he's tripping over the library chairs. Calvin needs glasses! When his family checks out the new specs, though, they just tease him. Poor Calvin. But when he gets lost and trapped in the forest, it's Calvin's glasses (and smarts) that save the day. Soon EVERYONE thinks glasses are great, and Calvin's clan becomes the coolest flock of starlings in the sky.
- Author BiographyJennifer Berne has been a long-time contributor to Nick Jr. Magazine, and a writer for both print and TV. She has published numerous award-winning books for kids, including On a Beam of Light: A Story of Albert Einstein (Chronicle), and Calvin Can't Fly (9781402797286). Jennifer lives in a house she designed herself, in the rolling hills of Columbia County, NY. Keith Bendis's work has appeared in the New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Fortune, and Time. Keith was the illustrator for William Safire's 'On Language' column in the New York Times Magazine, and for nine books including Calvin Can't Fly (9781402797286) and the bestselling The Illustrated Casey at the Bat: The Immortal Baseball Ballad (Workman). He lives on an old farm in Columbia County, NY.
- Author(s)Jennifer Berne
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Keith Bendis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.