Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents distinguished scholars on Calvin and his surprising up to date relevance addressing three central current issues: faith - ecumenism - public responsibility. This inspiring collection of essays spells out the relevance of John Calvin's theology for today in three areas: Faith? Calvin's theology asks how God deals with the persistent presence of human sin. For Calvin, the chief end of life is to kw God and devote our life to his glory. The still topical point is that we are freed from our fixation with ourselves, thereby recognising and living out our true reality in relation to God. Ecumenism? The unity of the Church in Christ is of central importance to Calvin. We must do our utmost to make it visible. In Calvin's view, if there is agreement in the understanding of God and grace, all other differences have divisive importance. This still characterises Reformed understanding today. Public responsibility? Calvin posed the question about the church's public responsibility as other Reformer did. Part 3 reveals the sources of the worldwide impact of Calvin's and Reformed theology on politics, the law, scholarship and the organising of life in society, including civil society.
- Author BiographyDr. theol, Dr. theol. H.c., Professor of Systematic Theology, Dogmatics and Ecumenism, Director of the Ecumenical Institut at the Protestant-Theological Faculty of the Ruhr University Bochum, Germany. Dr. theol., Oberkirchenrat and Head of the Department for Mission, Ecumenism and the Church's World-Responsibility in the Church Office of the Evangelical Church of Westfalia, Germany. Michael Welker, Dr. theol, Dr. phil., Dr. h.c., Professor for Systematic Theology and Director of the Center of International and Interdisciplinary Research at the University of Heidelberg, Germany.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMichael Weinrich,Michael Welker,Ulrich Moller
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.