All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis rare and important study of John Calvin's sermons gives a complete review of Calvin's preaching activity, purpose, method, and style. Included are the theological considerations that moved Calvin to preach the way he did; his view of the preacher's office, his duty, and the congregation's active participation; a historical account and the preservation of his preaching; Calvin's expository method and the way he applied scripture to the needs of the congregation; and the form of the sermons and the familiar style that was employed.
- Author BiographyT. H. L. Parker was a widely respected authority on Calvin's life and thought. He was Reader in Theology at the University of Durham in England.
- Author(s)T.H.L. Parker
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/1992
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Note1 black & white illustration
- Weight12 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.