All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvide complete support for the 20th Century section of the latest syllabus with best-selling books and digital resources from an author you can really trust. This new edition of Ben Walsh's best-selling GCSE Modern World History provides a comprehensive textbook for Cambridge IGCSE History covering the 20th Century core content and developing the necessary skills. It provides a winning combination of features that will meet the needs of all students: - Clear, engaging and provocative author text brings the 20th Century period to life and summarises complicated history clearly without being simplistic - Focus Tasks (exactly targeting each focus point of the 20th Century part of the syllabus) steadily deepen students' understanding of the content while progressively building their history skills - Original and relevant source material - written and visual - is used for historical investigation t just for illustration - Exam Focus and Revision Tips help students acquire both the necessary content kwledge and the essential conceptual understanding In its previous editions this book has provided students with what they need to achieve their best possible results, and provided teachers with what they need to teach a rewarding and worthwhile course. It's a winning combination. We are working with Cambridge International Examinations to gain endorsement for this title. Contents How this book will help you to succeed in Cambridge IGCSE History Section 1: Core Content Option B - International Relations since 1919 Part 1 The Inter-War Years 1919-1939 1 Were the peace treaties of 1919-23 fair? 2 To what extent was the League of Nations a success? 3 Why had international peace collapsed by 1939? Part 2 The Cold War and the Gulf, 1945-2000 4 Who was to blame for the Cold War? 5 How effectively did the USA contain the spread of Communism? 6 How secure was the USSR's control over Eastern Europe, 1948-c.1989? 7 Why did events in the Gulf matter c.1970-2000? Exam Focus: core content option B Section 2: Depth Studies 9 Germany, 1918-45 8 Russia, 1905-41 10 The USA,1919-41 Exam Focus: depth studies This book is supported by online Teaching and Learning resources powered by Dynamic Learning. These provide extensive ICT-based activities for all key topics which will help refine students' historical thinking and focus their revision.
- Author BiographyBen Walsh is an experienced history teacher, a best-selling author and a celebrated expert in the use of digital technology in history teaching. Michael Scott-Baumann (Chapter 7) is an experienced history teacher and author
- Author(s)Ben Walsh,Michael Scott-Baumann
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleHistory in Focus
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight930 g
- Width212 mm
- Height14 mm
- Spine276 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.