All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionEarly in the 20th century, geographers devoted a lot of time attempting to draw boundaries around geographical regions. Their failure was a reminder of the impossibility of drawing sharp lines around areas which gradually merge into their neighbours. Mid Anglia comprises the new counties of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire; its prosperous acres also broadly correspond to those occupied by the ancient Saxon kingdom of the Middle Angles. As such, the region contains the best assemblage of Saxon churches in England; the college buildings of Cambridge; and many fine post-medieval buildings such as Wimpole Hall and Kirby Hall. Author Christopher Taylor, the eminent landscape historian, has written a fascinating account of Mid Anglia's formation and growth since prehistoric times. This volume is one of a series of four National Trust Histories which seeks to illuminate the landscapes of today by looking at the natural and human influences which have forged their distinctive characters.
- Author BiographyChristopher Taylor is an eminemt landscape historian who has publihsed a number of books on the area.
- Author(s)Fellow Christopher Taylor
- PublisherG2 Entertainment Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationGravesend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintG2 Entertainment Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width178 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.