Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Halliday's new book about Cambridgeshire (also including the old county of Huntingdonshire and the city of Peterborough) illustrates and describes people, places and incidents that are unusual, odd or extraordinary. We discover the truth behind Hereward the Wake , the story about the originator of the expression 'Hobson's Choice', a woman who spent nine days trapped in a sw cave, and many more tales of local characters, curious events and strange traditions. Using a range of illustrations, from old and recent photographs to maps, prints, paintings and engravings, Robert Halliday tells an entertaining story - an alternative history of Cambridgeshire that will fascinate residents and visitors alike.
- Author BiographyRobert Halliday was born in Cambridge. He has worked for the Museum Service in Bury St Edmunds, as an archaeologist, and currently for the Churches Conservation Trust in Cambridge. Robert has written articles on history, folklore and archaeology for popular and academic journals, is the co-author of The Cambridge Ghost Book and author of Bury St Edmunds Past & Present (SPL, 2002) and Around Bury St Edmunds (SPL, 2004).
- Author(s)Robert Halliday
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/1996
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note200 black and white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.