All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLittle did Nancy Jones suspect what lay ahead for her when she thought that pasteurising milk in Mauritania would be a good idea. Her dream dairy just had to overcome a few mir hurdles: there were cows in the desert, only restless camels; Mauritanians loved raw milk but regarded local industry with mistrust; there was trained manpower; the technical environment was almost nexistent; importers ruled the market - and she was a woman. Nancy Abeiderrahmane, as she became, wandered into a twenty-year-long adventure that would earn her a Rolex Award and a few medals, and more importantly offer her a unique experience of the pitfalls and transformations that lie on the rocky road to Development.
- Author BiographyNancy M. Jones, MBE, was born in the UK and grew up in Spain, where she studied engineering. In France she fell in love with a Mauritanian, got married and went to live in his brand new desert country. Eighteen years and four children later she rather unwittingly set up a dairy to pasteurise camel milk, an adventure that kept her very busy for the following twenty years.
- Author(s)Nancy Jones Abeiderrahmane
- Date of Publication13/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.