About this product
- DescriptionCamels have an interesting nickname?Ships of the Desert. It's a fitting name because in earlier centuries, people used camels to carry heavy loads hundreds of miles across vast deserts. Camels can go for days at a time without food or water. Part of the secret to their survival is in their humps. Dromedaries are camels with one hump. Bactrian camels have two humps. The humps store fat, which camels? bodies can use for energy when food isn?t available. Learn more in this edition of Nature Watch.
- Author(s)Dr Cherie Winner
- PublisherLerner Publications
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleNature Watch (Lerner)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLerner Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width213 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.