Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionTo the benefit of both teachers and students, Cameos for Calculus presents fifty short visual and geometric enhancements to the first-year calculus course. These range from mainstream topics, such as the derivative and combinatorial formulas used to compute Riemann sums, to equally accessible material less often encountered in the course, such as the Cauchy-Schwarz inequality and the Euler-Mascheroni constant. The fifty cameos are grouped into five sections: Limits and Differentiation; Integration; Infinite Series; Additional Topics; and an appendix on precalculus topics. Many of these also include exercises with solutions to enhance learning. By gathering various cameos, including many adapted from journal articles and some created for this book, Nelsen presents a collection accessible to teachers of calculus, both for use in the classroom and as supplementary explorations for students.
- Author BiographyRoger B. Nelsen received his BA in Mathematics from DePauw University, Indiana, in 1964, and his PhD in Mathematics from Duke University, North Carolina, in 1969. Nelsen was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi, and taught mathematics and statistics at Lewis and Clark College, Oregon, for forty years before his retirement in 2009. His previous books include Proofs Without Words (1993), An Introduction to Copulas (1999, 2nd edition 2006), Proofs Without Words II, (2000), Math Made Visual (with Claudi Alsina, 2006), When Less Is More (with Claudi Alsina, 2009), Charming Proofs (with Claudi Alsina, 2010), The Calculus Collection (with Caren Diefenderfer, 2010), Icons of Mathematics (with Claudi Alsina, 2011), College Calculus (with Michael Boardman, 2015) and A Mathematical Space Odyssey (with Claudi Alsina, 2015).
- Author(s)Roger B. Nelsen
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- Series TitleClassroom Resource Materials
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.