Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis intensive course is expressly designed to lead the adult beginner to a comprehensive kwledge of Spanish. The course gives balanced attention to the four key language skills: the development of listening comprehension and speaking skills is supported by quality audio materials recorded by native speakers, while answer keys support written work and grammar-acquisition exercises, and facilitate independent study. Authentic written materials develop important receptive skills and encourage the transition to independent reading. * Based on a style of Spanish easily understood by most speakers, thoughtful explanations make clear the main differences between peninsular and Latin American forms and usage * Features an abundance of pair and group work activities ideal for classroom use * Authentic materials and website references foster cultural awareness * Clear, attractive layout with lively illustrations to reinforce learning * Extensive reference features including a grammar guide, verb tables and vocabulary lists * Teachers' guidelines promote practical application in the classroom.
- Author BiographyConsuelo de Andres Martinez is Senior Lecturer in Spanish at the University of Plymouth. She is co-author of A buen puerto: Tipos de Cambio. Eugenia Ariza Bruce is a language tutor in the Department of Hispanic Studies, University of Sheffield, where her major interest has been developing material for listening comprehension. Christine Cook has recently taken up a post as European Administrator in the School of Health and Related Research at the University of Sheffield and tutors in both Spanish and German. Isabel Diez-Bonet teaches Spanish at the University of Sheffield. Her main areas of interest are language teaching methodology and pragmatics. Anthony Trippett is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Hispanic Studies at the University of Sheffield. He has been engaged in teaching and organising courses of Spanish for beginners for more than 25 years. Anthony Trippett initiated this project and has been its administrative coordinator.
- Author(s)Anthony Trippett,Christine Cook,Consuelo de Andres Martinez,Eugenia Ariza Bruce,Isabel Diez-Bonet
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/05/2004
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note298 b/w illus. 5 maps
- Weight800 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.