All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis amusing book covers early camping history, RV designs, road conditions, driving habits, campground issues, and more, with a twist. Things go wrong in each and every chapter, and that is where the humour arises. Some 230 photos (both black-and-white and colour) of over 290 separate postcards from the authors' personal collection illustrate the fun. Because camping and RVing are so popular all around the world, numerous postcards from Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, and more, are included from the early 1900s to the early 2000s. Many images shown are quite scarce, and some are truly rare. The text and illustrations tell the humorous side of camping and RVing, past and present. All the postcards illustrated are described in detailed captions, which include each card's age, size, maker, and estimated value. The unique approach of this new book makes it stand alone as both a resource for information and a source of good old-fashioned entertainment.
- Author BiographyJohn Brunkowski and Michael Closen have been RVers for over 25 years, own a vintage Airstream trailer and a Tiffin motorhome, are members of several RV organizations, have written RVing articles for several magazines, and have authored five previous RV books.
- Author(s)John Brunkowski,Michael Closen
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note215 colour & 17 b/w photos
- Weight758 g
- Width232 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.