All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCampus creation was the means to providing the children of NYC with the opportunity to engage in the learning process in a personalize environment of their choice that was safe and orderly regardless of where they lived. However, campus settings are complex environments with multiple principals responsible for one building; each leader with his or her unique personality, experience, and educational commitment. This book delves into the concept of collaborative leadership in campus principals charged with the task of transitioning two large underperforming and violent schools to campuses of small schools while learning to collaboratively manage a campus. Campus management, a new form of school leadership and administration, required consensus building among diverse and at time, competing forces. Multiple principals were w collectively responsible for agreeing on how to best serve the greater campus community while considering the unique needs of their small schools. Their greatest challenge was t the hostility from the closing school community or reducing school violence or even the countless restructuring from central administration but rather dealing with each other.
- Author BiographyMonica Ortiz, EdD, is principal in the School for Legal Studies, New York City Department of Education, Brooklyn, NY.
- Author(s)Monica Ortiz
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight204 g
- Width151 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.