All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Jack - an older man with dementia. Jack invites readers to learn about dementia from his perspective, helping them to understand the challenges faced by someone with dementia and the changes it causes to memory, communication and behaviour. He also gives advice on how to help someone with dementia stay as mentally and physically active as possible, keep safe and continue to feel cared for and valued. With illustrations throughout, this useful book will be an ideal introduction to dementia for anyone from child to adult. It will also guide family, friends and carers in understanding and explaining the condition and could serve as an excellent starting point for family and classroom discussions.
- Author BiographyJude Welton is a freelance writer, writing mainly on the arts and originally trained as a child psychologist specialising in autism. Jane Telford is a childhood friend of the author. She is an artist and illustrator, who has exhibited paintings and drawings widely in the UK and also internationally. The book is dedicated to Jude's late father, and Jane's father, both dementia sufferers.
- Author(s)Jude Welton
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleCan I Tell You About...?
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note14 black and white
- Weight117 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jane Telford
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.