All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Marco - a boy with dyspraxia, which is sometimes called Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD). Marco invites readers to learn about dyspraxia from his perspective, helping them to understand what it is and what it feels like when he sometimes struggles to control his movement and co-ordination. He talks about the challenges of having dyspraxia and lets readers kw how he can be helped and supported. This illustrated book will be an ideal introduction for young people, aged 7 upwards, as well as parents, friends, teachers and professionals working with children with dyspraxia. It is also an excellent starting point for family and classroom discussions.
- Author BiographyMaureen Boon recently retired as Headteacher of Vranch House, an independent school for children with physical disabilities in Exeter which provides therapeutic interventions for children with movement and associated disorders such as cerebral palsy and dyspraxia. She has worked with children with movement disorders for over thirty years, and previously taught in primary schools. She is the author of Understanding Dyspraxia: A Guide for Parents and Teachers, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Imogen Hallam studied illustration at Plymouth University and has worked on a variety of images for children's fiction and educational publications. She lives and works in Devon.
- Author(s)Maureen Boon
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleCan I Tell You About...?
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Imogen Hallam
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.