Can I Tell You About Parkinson's Disease?: A Guide for Family, Friends and Carers by Alan M. Hultquist (Paperback, 2013)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Nikolai - a man with Parkinson's disease. Nikolai invites readers to learn about Parkinson's from his perspective, helping them to understand how Parkinson's affects his daily life and why some tasks can be especially challenging for him. He also gives advice on how to help someone with Parkinson's when they have difficulties with physical movements and memory. This illustrated book is full of useful information and will be an ideal introduction for children from the age of 7, as well as older readers. It will help family, friends and carers better understand and explain the condition, and will be an excellent starting point for group discussions.
- Author BiographyAlan M. Hultquist, EdD has a doctorate in educational psychology and worked in education for 33 years, as a special education teacher and educational psychologist. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's shortly after turning 50. Alan is also the author of An Introduction to Dyslexia for Parents and Professionals and What is Dyslexia? A Book Explaining Dyslexia for Kids and Adults to Use Together, both published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Lydia T. Corrow has over 25 years' experience as an art educator as well as being a weaver and painter. She lives in Vermont, USA.
- Author(s)Alan M. Hultquist
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleCan I Tell You About...?
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note12 black and white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lydia T. Corrow
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.