Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionOften amusing, laugh out loud funny in parts, sometimes thought-provoking, and occasionally tear jerking, Can You Come Back Next Week? is an account of one young collector/salesman's exploits and adventures selling goods on credit door to door in the poorer areas of Glasgow in the 50s and 60s. If you lived through those times, you will find memories galore in these words, and for those who did t, it proves an evocative glimpse into a time past, where a radiogram which loaded ten records at once was the height of luxury, to be paid for scrupulously week on week, even though your kids ran around in vests and bare bums. Set upon by a sword-wielding maniac, dangled from a twenty-first storey balcony, and being offered it on a plate in lieu of payment - life in the Credit Trade was certainly never dull!
- Author(s)MR Samuel Joseph Reilly
- Date of Publication24/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.