All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis feel-good, get-up-and-move story is about breaking out of boundaries. It is designed to explore the get up and go every child has burning within them. The colourful creatures pick up instruments, gathering in number and dancing through the pages finishing off with a dancing-on-the-rooftops night scene. The rhythmical approach sets the pace to the jig and is complemented by the sounds of both the instruments and animals wraparound. Children can also learn the names and sounds of the instruments seen through the pages and join in, in their own way, with the veritable hullabaloo. Age range: 3-6 years
- Author BiographyAlice Lickens is one of the few UK illustrators who has been selected by the Sendak Fellowship. The Fellowship was run from Maurice Sendak's home in Connecticut and Alice spent a month out there in October 2012 exploring his archives, workspace and collections. Alice is one of the five members of the Zombie Collective, who have recently done an exhibition for the Hayward Gallery called Fathoms Deep. She works part-time at The House of Illustration and she has previously worked with Ivy Press on a presentation called Outdoor Wonderland (taken to Bologna 2012), Flamingo Magazine and Bea's of Bloomsbury.
- Author(s)Alice Lickens
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Children's Books
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight218 g
- Width265 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.