All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCanada at the WTO is the first book devoted to exploring the relationship between the World Trade Organization's dispute settlement process and Canada's political ecomy. Early chapters address myths and facts about the WTO, introduce readers to Canada's role in the global ecomy, and explain Canada's objectives in being part of the WTO's dispute settlement process. Froese proceeds by examining the realities of these goals through five dispute settlement case studies: softwood lumber, the Canadian Wheat Board, Bombardier regional jets, split-run magazines, and Canadian pharmaceutical patents. What emerges is a clear picture of how resolutions made at the international level affect Canadian politics, industries, and employment and, conversely, how international governance can be used to protect national policies. Complete with 16 tables and an easy-to-reference appendix explaining the dispute settlement process, Canada at the WTO presents both critical and liberal traditions, offering an edifying investigation of Canada's ecomy and foreign relations, as well as an overarching discussion of the WTO's practices and effectiveness.
- Author BiographyMarc D. Froese is an assistant professor in the Department of History and Political Science at Canadian University College in Lacombe, Alberta.
- Author(s)Marc D. Froese
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.