All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian Pacific: Creating a Brand, Building a Nation is the intriguing story of the private railway company that pushed political unification and shaped the country's image. Up to w virtually thing has been published about Canadian Pacific's decisive role in branding the nation at home and abroad. As a global travel and transportation empire and Canada's main private land owner, Canadian Pacific became a key sponsor of tourism and immigration. These and numerous other activities were publicised with unparalleled proficiency and quality, projecting a dream-like world of the new state that became part of its identity. Never before or after has a single company influenced a nation and its image to such an extent.Utmost care was taken in digitally restoring and reproducing the priceless Canadiana as accurately as possible. This volume also demonstrates how a uniquely Canadian graphic design style developed over time, the essence of which can be felt in Canadian design until this day.
- Author BiographyMarc H. Choko (author) is professor emeritus at the School of Design of the Universite du Quebec a Montreal and former director of the university's Design Centre. He is also a former research director at the Institut national de la recherche scientifique Urbanisation, Culture et Societe. Apart from authoring numerous publications on graphic design, urban development and housing, he has curated many exhibitions that toured internationally. Matthias C. Huhne (editor) is a writer and owner of Callisto Publishers. A Harvard graduate, Huhne developed an appreciation for art while working as a developer of high quality commercial and residential real estate. He founded his own award-wining real estate company in 1996. As a collector and supporter of modern art as well as North American native art, Huhne takes a special interest in commercial design and the history of architecture.
- Author(s)Marc H. Choko
- PublisherCallisto Publishers GmbH
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintCallisto Publishers GmbH
- Content Note493 colour, 114 b&w
- Weight2359 g
- Width234 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byM. C. Huhne
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.