All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCanadian politics is/are t well understood, authority being prepared to say whether it/they is/are singular or plural. Canadian Politics Unplugged bravely breaks new ground in igring this question. The book concentrates on the central problem of democracy in a country that is too big to digest without getting gas. Readers are assured that the authors have studied Canadian politics for years, from a safe distance, and enjoy the unique perspective of never having been elected to high office, low office, or any place where wearing shoes is mandatory. Canadian Politics Unplugged is Whalley and Nicol's fifth successful collaboration.
- Author BiographyEric Nicol, one of Canada's best-known satirical writers, is the author of more than 35 books and has won the Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour three times. He lives in Vancouver and describes himself as pretty well retired from everything but breathing . Peter Whalley's cartoons have appeared in a number of books, as well as Maclean's, Financial Times, and the Montreal Gazette. He lives in Morin Heights, Quebec, where sculpting and drawing provide diversions from his main occupation of shovelling snow.
- Author(s)Eric Nicol,Peter Whalley
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/02/2015
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight148 g
- Width135 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.