All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis lavishly illustrated book brings Gordon Lightfoot s heart-stirring song to readers young and old. Commissioned by the CBC in 1967 to mark Canada s centennial year it eloquently describes the construction of the transcontinental railway an iron road runnin from the sea to the sea a great feat of nation building that changed Canada forever. Award-winning illustrator Ian Wallace brings the song to visual life with his sweeping landscapes and evocative portrayals of the people who lived the building of the railroad. The book includes Gordon Lightfoot s music and lyrics, a brief history of the railroad and tes on the illustrations.
- Author(s)Gordon Lightfoot
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width245 mm
- Height316 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.